Monday, October 12, 2015

September

This blog is a work in progress.  I think I'm constantly defining and redefining it in my mind.  I want it to be part journal for our family to look back on one day, I want our friends and family to be able to follow it and keep up with us, but I would also like for it to be a helpful resource for those in the foreign service or considering this lifestyle.  Obviously, the point of view is from an EFM (that's foreign service talk for Eligible Family Member).  This post is more of a journal entry. I want to have access to these memories whenever I need to go back and just remember the fun times. With that being said...

September was a wonderful month.  It was, in my opinion when we turned a corner.  We started it with a family trip to North Carolina.  It was a wonderful weekend filled with relaxing, sunshine, badminton, and bike riding! 






We came back to VA, got our homeschooling year under way and took off again for sweet home ALABAMA! It was the best visit.  We celebrated Anna's birthday with great friends (we truly have the best friends) 
Then off to Prattville for some cousin time  - We got to Celebrate with Tucker and Jojo!


Seeing Otis was a bonus.


Opelika was the last stop.  We homeschooled along the way - and I must give my kids a big KUDOS for focusing on school while we were away. 
The Georges

No trip to Opelika is complete without Sno Biz.


Loved that our cousins came to see us!

The world out of play-doh - My girls did a great job!

The kids can't be the only ones having fun!

BeBe, Pops and the Grands.
 It was the kind of visit that leaves you feeling refreshed and reassured that you are going to be ok in this journey. (because, lets face it... Erik and I both have had "what have we done?" moments)

When we returned from our trip I think I finally accepted that this was our home. We got the kids enrolled in extra-curricular activities, Awana at church, and I started hanging pictures!  For me  - that is settling. And you know what? To quote Annie, "I think I'm gonna like it here."



No comments:

Post a Comment