Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Meal planning for the holidays


Image Credit
As I mentioned here, we are thrilled to have a house full for the holidays. While we cannot wait to share George's birthday and Christmas with them, it's gonna take some prep. The first thing I did after we nailed down everyone's schedule, was plan the food! I basically planned breakfast and dinner for everyday. Lunch will be leftovers or I will have plenty of sandwich stuff and chips.  There are only a couple of days that I actually anticipate having a breakfast that everyone will eat, but I planned one per day to be sure I had enough and a variety for everyone. Some are allergic to eggs, some of the kids are picky, some are not eating carbs, it presents a challenge. With that being said- here's my meal plan.
12/22- chili in the crockpot (this is the day Erik's parents come into town. I thought a nice warm chili waiting when they arrive would be a good idea.)
12/23 - 
B- oatmeal
12/24
B- english muffins, eggs, cheese, Canadian bacon
D - pizza ( possibly a Christmas Eve tradition? )
12/25
 B - sausage and grits casserole, and orange rolls
D - turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and another dessert- probably brownies. 
12/26
B - leftovers
D - spaghetti / salad
12/27
B - yogurt / granola
D - taco soup
12/28 (George's Birthday)
B- pancakes
D - party food :)
12/29
B - French toast casserole / turkey bacon
D - chicken and rice, Lima beans, salad
12/30
B - cereal
D - Ted's Bulletin ( wanted to try this place forever!)
12/31- New Years Eve!
B - eggs/ biscuits / bacon
D - I'm thinking party food! Mini Quiches,
Meatballs, buffalo chicken dip, chips and salsa, maybe pigs in a blanket.
12/1 
B- pancakes / waffles
D - traditional New Years Lunch
Ham, black eye peas, greens
12/2
B - Breakfast Casserole
At that point our company leaves and the kitchen closes, at least for a day :)
Most of my recipes are on my Pinterest boards. It doubles as my makeshift cook book. I will share another post about George's birthday!  Until then, I better get shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment