Friday, March 25, 2016

Our Shared Girls Room

My two oldest share a room.  Santa brought them bunk beds a couple of years ago.  That was very cool for them, and they loved it.  This year, my oldest turned 10 and they stopped loving sharing a room.  To top it off, we are in a rental. So there really isn't much we can do, like lots of those fun pinteresty things that I have pinned here and here. However, we have done a couple of fun little additions that make it extra special. Wanna take a tour?  Enjoy! (disclaimer: While I did make them clean up, I believe in real life pictures - AND I'm not an interior decorator - as much as I love making a home... I'm really just now learning... so  - no judgment ;) I also believe, if I go into their room and "stage it" it sends a message that their style isn't enough.  Right now in our life, they need to feel they have a say in something...their room is their domain, decorated they way they want.
This lamp is one of my favorites! I didn't have a place for it when we moved, so we put it in the girls room.
 They stuck the paper flower under it like a cloche.  They love it and I'm happy to get to use it anywhere I can.
We also chose not to hang their curtains.
We love the natural light that comes in and tried to keep the room from feeling any more cluttered.

These three love hanging out on the top bunk...especially that little boy with the mischievous grin.

This mama can't get enough pictures of these three. 

We did get a little pinteresty in this this corner.
My middle made these all by herself.
We got the idea here.  She even picked the fabric.

I got the idea of using metal shelves from one of my favorite blogs Adaptation House.
She says they travel really well in the foreign service and are so versatile.  My oldest got to put whatever she wanted on these shelves.  She was a happy girl when she saw me posting a picture of them!

Got to have room for toys.
The girls keep things they don't want their brother to get into in their room.
Barbies, Legos, Shopkins... just to name a few. 

They made these paper flowers when we studied Mexico in school.  Their new home is on the fan.  Erik and I don't mind hitting our head on them when we walk in at all...cue the sarcasm.
I really just had to post one more of this kid...love him so much!

Beds: Restoration Hardware Kids //  Dresser: Pottery Barn Kids //  Lamp: JC Penney -no longer available  //   Rug:  Pottery Barn Kids   - no longer available. Similar   

No comments:

Post a Comment