Thursday, October 27, 2016

New Vision

We are a little over a month into our new life in Sri Lanka.  Some days it feels like we just stepped off the plane, and some days it feels like an eternity.  There are moments when I think we are really getting into our 'groove' and there are moments that I have never felt more lost.  I am pretty sure that's  all part of this new transition.  I have put off blogging because I had a plan for this blog.  It was to document our life for several reasons listed here.  However, in my plan, I would document our pack out, our flight tips, tricks and flops, and how we are adjusting to our new life.  It could be a tool for others in the military/State Department as well as a journal for our family and those who are interested in our adventures.  But I'm stuck because, well... the pack out, final visits with family and flight are really a blur at the moment.  And when I sit down to write about them, I just end up stuck in lists, and tears because all of the pictures I want to post make me homesick. Then there is the whole - I have an almost two year old who never lets me sit much less find time to blog - thing. SOOOOOOOOO... I'm just going to write about whatever strikes my fancy.  And maybe one day I will be able to document chronologically our path to Sri Lanka, maybe not.
 We shall see...


Ayubowan,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment